Let’s start with our purpose:
Room 214 believes in working with talented (yet humble) people to create inspired work that makes our hearts race, challenges us, and has a positive impact.
We also can’t help but brag about being 7th on Outside Magazine’s 2017 Best Places to Work in America.
If this sounds like the type of place you’d like to work…let’s talk business. We are a 30-person, Boulder-based brand development and digital marketing agency seeking an experienced copywriter with an understanding of brand and a knack for great storytelling. This is a freelance to full-time position; we’d hope to make things permanent within 3 months.
Responsibilities & What We’d Like to See:
- Great writing – and a love of it. Whether a tagline or an email, your writing is thoughtful, compelling, and drives results.
- A strategic thinker with a track record of developing diverse concepts and messaging across channels (brand stories,headlines, taglines, pitches, scripts, social content, emails, etc) — always on brand and engaging.
- An understanding of brand and how to create a unique, ownable brand voice, tone, and personality
- An ability to turn the complex into relatable, digestible and engaging communication
- A comfort in leading a project from concept to completion. An ease and interest in collaborating with other members of creative team, account teams, agency teams, and clients – as well as an ability to go it alone.
- A point of view. Not afraid to lead teammates or clients toward better work.
- Ability and willingness to edit and evolve other people’s writing.
- Support internal marketing projects as needed
- A passion for big thinking coupled with an attention to detail
- A positive attitude and an inclusive, hands-on approach to your work with a reputation for going above and beyond the ask
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Relevant education or training. Applicable software
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to persuade, inform and take criticism from clients, while maintaining agency standards and strategic point-of-view.
- Portfolio demonstrating a range of work including brand and campaign concepts as well as channel execution.
- At least 5 years of experience as a professional copywriter, ideally at an agency.
Room 214 Perks:
- Great culture and work environment, including a dog-friendly office and Kevin (our kegerator)
- Gain-share (our version of profit-sharing)
- No vacation policy (everyone takes time off as needed)
- Open Book Management – guided by ZingTrain
- Healthcare benefits
- Matching, immediately vested 401k plan
- Phantom stock plan
- A culture that asks “Why Not?”
- A real opportunity to grow
How to Apply:
Fill out the form below to get started (or send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org).