Let’s start with our purpose:
Room 214 believes in working with talented (yet humble) people to create inspired work that makes our hearts race, challenges us, and has a positive impact.
We also can’t help but brag about being 7th on Outside Magazine’s 2017 Best Places to Work in America.
If this sounds like the type of place you’d like to work…let’s talk business. We are a 30-person, Boulder-based brand development and digital marketing agency seeking an experienced copywriter with an understanding of brand and a knack for great storytelling. This is a freelance to full-time position; we’d hope to make things permanent within 3 months.
Here’s what we’re looking for (in no particular order):
Responsibilities & What We’d Like to See:
- A deep understanding of brand: development, management, building. Well-versed in applying insights and strategy to all creative work
- Proven track record when it comes to developing strategically sound, diverse concepts and executing those in the form of high-quality creative
- Hands-on experience in design, concepting, and art direction across channels: identity development, digital, social, video/tv, email, print.
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating a range of work including brand and campaign concepts as well as channel execution. An ability to articulate the thinking behind the work clearly.
- At least 5 years of professional art direction experience, ideally at an agency
- Ability to collaborate closely with agency teams from project start to finish in a fast-paced setting
- Mentoring skills to help our creative team members develop their abilities and expand their creative perspective
- Support developing internal marketing projects as needed
- A passion for big thinking coupled with an attention to detail
- A positive attitude and an inclusive, hands-on approach to your work with a reputation for going above and beyond the ask
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Relevant education or training. Applicable software including Adobe Suite
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to persuade, inform and take criticism from clients, while maintaining agency standards and strategic point-of-view.
Room 214 Perks:
- Great culture and work environment, including a dog-friendly office and Kevin (our kegerator)
- Gain-share (our version of profit-sharing)
- No vacation policy (everyone takes time off as needed)
- Open Book Management – guided by ZingTrain
- Healthcare benefits
- Matching, immediately vested 401k plan
- Phantom stock plan
- A culture that asks “Why Not?”
- A real opportunity to grow
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.