Let’s start with why our employees joyfully spend many of their waking hours at this place we call “work”… beginning with our 2020 purpose:
When you walk through the doors, or sit down to login, you are motivated to enter Kickass Mode, because of the energy 214’ers bring. You want to do your best because you work with the best. But, when you walk out the doors, or log off, you leave it all behind.
This is a contract-to-hire position. Why the hoops? We’re looking for a great long-term fit, and want to make sure each of us can try it out first.
If this doesn’t sound like the type of place you’d like to work, you can probably stop now and just watch this video. But if it does…let’s talk business. We are a 21-person, Boulder-based growth studio seeking a Senior Art Director. Here’s what we’re looking for (in no particular order):
Responsibilities & What We’d Like to See:
- A positive attitude and an inclusive, hands-on approach to your work with a reputation for going above and beyond the ask
- At least seven years of professional creative experience. Any of those years in an agency setting is a plus
- Proven track record when it comes to developing strategically integrated, diverse concepts and executing those in the form of high-quality creative
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating a range of creative work including brand development, product packaging, digital and social campaigns, advertising, and video content with an ability to articulate the thinking behind the work
- Expert-level proficiency in the Adobe suite
- Ability to collaborate closely with internal teams, delve into and understand the customer insights, go from project start to finish to create rock-your-socks-off creative outcomes in a fast-paced setting; this could be anything from throwing down in a room for six hours with copywriters to concept (and re-concept) campaign ideas to working one-on-one with strategy leads to get a gut check on the cohesion and alignment behind your ideas
- Collaboration skills to help creative team members develop their abilities and expand creative perspective– we want you to help us continue growing and pushing the envelope with new ideas, and in reverse we want to push you too
- Ability to look at a creative asset and give verbal feedback and direction that gets the work to a great place without actually doing the work
- Ability to engage in creative agitation both internally and with clients to make sure the best ideas get through while actively contributing to building a culture of respect, innovation, excellence and accountability
- Support developing internal marketing projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in visual design or a related field
Bonus points awarded for:
- Work showcasing large scale brand launch and/or product campaigns
Room 214 Perks
- Great culture and work environment, including a dog-friendly office and Kevin (our kegerator)
- Gain-share (our version of profit-sharing)
- No vacation policy (everyone takes time off as needed)
- Open Book Management – guided by ZingTrain
- Healthcare benefits
- Matching, immediately vested 401k plan
- Phantom stock plan
- Cutting-edge experience
- A culture that asks “Why Not?”
Wait, what’s a Growth Studio?
A Growth Studio helps businesses that wish to be category leaders in their industries. Through customer insights, we guide the strategy and action to approach brand, marketing and sales efforts in a way that’s different, not just better.
We combine 15 years of digital marketing and research experience with knowledge from category leaders and a deep understanding of customers.
- We prefer to work with organizations that inspire human progress
- We strive to work with brands that are good for people and planet
- We work best with businesses investing in different, not just better
How to Apply
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions.
- What’s your favorite campaign of all time?
- Define what “pulling insights through to creative” means to you?
- Do you consider yourself a doer or a thinker?
- What brand(s) are killing it creatively?
- What mascot costume would you show up to work wearing on mascot day?