Let’s start with purpose so you can consider if and how you’re the right fit!
Room 214 is a growth studio that cares deeply about understanding customers and transforming brands. Our purpose (and mantra) is creating value relationships; with each other, our clients and our clients’ customers.
We are a boutique firm (currently under 20 full time) with a digital marketing background that spans over 15 years. That means it’s important for you to be proficient and comfortable with the direction, copy and execution that’s relevant to digital environments (digital campaigns, ads, websites, social, etc).
We are seeking a long-term leader who can contribute to the vision and growth of Room 214’s creative efforts. Here’s more about what we’re looking for (in no particular order):
It’s About the Work & The People: One of our core values is Leading with Humility, meaning our CD is expected to embrace the idea of “servant leadership”. Your goal: get the best out of others in our aim to create kick-ass ideas and inspired work, all while nurturing and growing our people and our client relationships.
Strategically Sound Words & Visuals: As CD for Room 214, your job begins with understanding and contributing to our customer-centric approach known as The Coherence Method. Yes, we value your experience – but adopting and aligning with ours will help you bring more than just how you’ve done things in the past.
You’re responsible for translating insights into brand identity, campaigns, copy and creative execution, while leading the creative team in bringing them to life. This includes full brand ID, visual and copy elements pulled through to executable marketing programs.
You Will be Involved In: pitches, brand ID work, messaging, campaign and monthly content development, web design, ad copy and creative, landing page and email templates, ebooks, and buyers guides (to name a few).
You Will Profitably Guide Both FTE & Contractors (local and/or worldwide): You’ll bring an understanding of modern platforms to help decide when and how to use commodity design assets as opposed to custom design. Your creativity will ultimately tie to your resourcefulness – not just your artistic talent. Abiding by our value of “staying curious,” you will look for and evolve a new way of doing things.
Foster Creative Agitation & Collaboration: As a studio, we believe our whole team has an important role in developing the strongest creative concepts. You are expected to embrace that, while also being unafraid to deconstruct and throw things out in the aim of getting to the best solution. You strike the right balance in making adjustments based on client needs and taking a stand for work that must be advocated.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 8 years of creative experience including at least 5 years agency experience
- A portfolio including:
- Digital/social campaigns
- Brand development
- Web development and/or user experience design
- Video production (scripting and/or shooting / post-production)
- Experience building and guiding creative teams, including mentoring others from afar
- Experience pitching new business
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written are an absolute must)
- Confident client and relationship building skills
- (Optional) package design experience
Some of what we have to offer you:
- Great culture and environment, including remote-friendly work procedures/technology – as well as Boulder-based physical presence with game room, dog-friendly office and Kevin (our kegerator)
- Recognized as a “best places to work” by Outside and Inc. Magazines
- Gain-share (our version of profit-sharing)
- No vacation policy (everyone takes time off as needed)
- Open Book Management – guided by ZingTrain
- Negotiable salary
- Health benefits
- Matching, immediately vested 401k plan
- Phantom stock plan
- Smart people to learn from and fun people to play with
- Friends for life
How you will success & grow at Room 214:
We believe in leading with humility, acting out of love instead of fear, doing our best work and staying curious. If this sounds like you, then we should probably meet sooner than later.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll only be considered if you send a portfolio with samples of your work.