Let’s start with why 214ers joyfully spend many of their waking hours at this place we call “work”…
Room 214 believes in working with talented (yet humble) people to create inspired work that makes our hearts race, challenges us, and has a positive impact.
That’s our “Why” statement. If no part of you got all warm and fuzzy reading that – you can probably stop now and just watch this fun video.
But if you do have some warm and fuzzy parts…let’s talk business. We need a Creative Intern. Here’s what we’re looking for in that perfect unicorn-of-a-person:
A fun and creative intern to support Room 214’s creative content needs by assisting in the production of social media graphics, presentation design assets, production work (photo & video), simple video editing, and other creative team activities.
- Understand basic design fundamentals (color, type, layout)
- Have a passion for creating visually engaging work and visual storytelling
- Have basic video editing experience
- Know how to Google on the Internets
- Collaborate with designers and producers to create graphics to be used in digital campaigns, blog post, presentations, or videos
- Work with producers on content creation: pre-production (writing the shotlist, gathering props, creating sets), production (shooting photo & video), and post-production (photo & video editing)
- Edit video case studies or other simple video projects
- Search for images/stock photography for decks / social posts etc.
- Participate in brainstorms and campaign ideation
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator experience a must
- Adobe Premier or other video editing software experience
- Proficient writing skills (u should write good)
- Must LOVE the Internets and everything that goes along with that: memes, cats, GIFs
Bonus Points for:
- Social media community management experience
- Video production experience
- Basic HTML and CSS: Dreamweaver, Photoshop or graphic editing software
What it takes to be successful at Room 214:
We have a high “competence” culture. We value the individual as an expert and we set high expectations on performance. We value each other as a team and encourage debate, but we don’t believe we must have consensus on all decisions. To be successful here, you should be someone who:
- Does whatever it takes to do the job and works to be on top of their game.
- Is focused; can turn off distractions and socializing, but still likes to have fun.
- Is motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty without being told.
- Is comfortable working on their own and can quickly learn expectations.
- Understands the difference between productivity versus activity and drives deadlines with productivity.
- Can handle the pressure professionally and can become more engaged as situations get tighter.
- Is not concerned about job titles and climbing the ladder.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include links to any websites you have developed and a portfolio that shows examples of your creative: graphic design, video work, photography, finger paintings, etc. You will not be considered if you do not send examples of work that you have produced along with your resume.