Let’s start with why our employees joyfully spend many of their waking hours at this place we call “work:”
Room 214 believes in working with talented yet humble people to create inspired work that makes our hearts race, challenges us, and has a positive impact.
We are seeking a word chameleon with five to eight years of copywriting experience. This person has the ability to quickly jump into client content creation, can write with ease in different brand voices and is comfortable concepting unexpected solutions and presenting those ideas with clients as needed. This role would be the lead client-focused writer with a strong ability to whip concepts into campaigns, and help us build a team of writers within the creative department.
We would prefer candidates who have agency experience or freelance experience working with agencies or brands. Bonus points if you have fluency in developing ideas for digital and social media campaigns.
If you’re a passionate, humble copywriter who thrives in an environment where we don’t take ourselves too seriously, check out what we’re offering below.
Show us what you’ve got! (aka requirements)
- Five to eight years of copywriting experience at, or alongside, a marketing agency.
- Experience copywriting in many different formats: web/social copy, concepting, campaigns and RFPs, email, presentations, blog content, and more.
- Ability to write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy with proper tone, feeling, structure and emotion.
- The highest attention to detail. Mission: zero typos! Five points to Gryffindor if you catch something grammatically incorrect in this job description.
- Familiarity with style guides. We’re AP people ourselves, but not all of our clients are.
- Being a humble leader who is always willing to learn from and support the team.
- Ability to play nice with others, as we’re highly collaborative at Room 214. A big part of our process is partnering with teams. Someone who excels at working with others but is also comfortable being autonomous.
What do you want to do? (aka key responsibilities)
- Create and apply a consistent brand voice for the appropriate client, project or target market.
- Work with client teams from ideation to execution in order to create copy for monthly client retainers, projects or campaigns.
- Participate and create copy for new business pitches, RFPs and creative concepting.
- Be self-motivated, organized, adept at communicating with people of diverse backgrounds. This will include the willingness to be adaptable regarding your creative choices.
You get bonus points for: (aka the nice-to-haves)
- Keeping your finger on the pulse. Your copy is relevant, modern and reflects the way target audiences speak online.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, search engine optimization.
- Educational or professional background preferably in the fields of marketing, advertising or technology.
- Experience working with technology, natural foods, retail/grocery, CPG and/or e-commerce.
Some of what we have to offer you:
- Great culture and environment, including game room, dog-friendly office and Kevin (our kegerator.)
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Annual hiring referral bonuses
- No vacation policy (everyone takes time off as needed)
- Open book management – guided by ZingTrain
- Health benefits
- Matching, immediately vested 401k plan
- Phantom stock plan
- Smart people to learn from
- Cutting edge experience
- Working for Outside Magazine’s #27 Top Places to Work in America
- Friends for life
How you will succeed and grow at Room 214:
We believe in leading with humility, acting out of love instead of fear and doing our best. If this sounds like you, then we should probably meet sooner than later.
To be successful here, you should be someone who:
- Wants to walk the talk: Our mantra is “creating valuable relationships”
- Does whatever it takes to do the job
- Is focused; can turn off distractions and socializing, but still likes to have fun
- Is motivated to go above and beyond where you see a need
- Understands the difference between productivity versus activity, and drives deadlines with productivity
- Can handle pressure and can become more engaged as situations get tighter
- Is not concerned about job titles and is more focused on doing their best work than “climbing the corporate ladder”
Visit http://room214.com to learn more, and the benefits of working with us.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d encourage you to think outside the box for the cover letter. Wow us. Alternative formats welcome :).